The Indian name for the Tusket River "Neketaouksit" meaning "the great tidal river" included the area of Plymouth. The present name was probably given by the Loyalists who came here from Shelburne in 1758.
The former name for Wedgeport was Tusket Wedge, it was also at one time called "Chebec". In 1909 by an Act of Parliament, it was changed to the present name of Wedgeport.
The picture on the left is of Wedgeport
Please sign our guest book