An Architectural Look at OldYarmouth
"The Western Gateway of Nova Scotia"

Yarmouth`s Old Fire Stations


Fire Station on Alma Street

South End Station

Milton Fire Station

All of these Fire Stations are gone. The Alma Fire Station was torn down in the 1970`s.  The South End Station (formally known as St. George Company No. 1 Engine House), was still standing in 1991, when, in January, the store next to it caught fire and both buildings were burned.   The Milton Fire Station (Naiad Company No. 2 Engine House), also stood until the 1990`s when it too caught fire and was totally destroyed.  This Station was built in 1860 on the site where the Milton Ball Park is today.   In 1862 it was moved across the street,  where it remained until its demise.